Data forms a major portion of today’s business world. Unfortunately, sifting through the chunks of data is not a menial task.
Thankfully, there are a variety of big data tools that extract useful information efficiently.
Companies all over the world rely on these sets of data to get a leg up on their competitors. Big data tools are a means of transforming unstructured, unorganized data sets into structured and organized information. The big data tools separate useful knowledge from the rest and make it easy to gather the required information.
The massive data sets are hard to analyze, mining the right information from such large data sets is a monstrous task. This is where big data analytics tools come in. Since there are hundreds of big data tools available in the market, it can be hard to find one that suits your preferences.
Luckily, we have decided to take up this heinous task and ease your troubles. This article lists top big data tools and their key features so, you can just read through and pick and choose the one that suits you best. But before we get to that, let us understand what big data means and what are big data tools.
What Is Big Data?
Big data refers to large and complex sets of data. The size of a single data set can range from a few terabytes to hundreds of petabytes. Data sets, this enormous, are extremely hard to manage with traditional tools.
Since it’s almost impossible to handle these data sets via the usual methods, companies look for better options that can help them efficiently manage the data sets and extract the required information in relatively less time.
Big Data Tools To The Rescue!
What are big data tools? Big data tools are analytics tools that help analyze and process big data. These tools are designed for the cost-efficient management of data with better time management.
These tools allow companies to piece together important chunks of information. Through the information obtained from these big data analytics tools, companies identify market trends and patterns, create profitable strategies, and take better decisions for the success of their business.
Now that we are familiar with the answer to ‘ what are big data tools’, let us dive into the world of top big data tools available in the market.
List Of Top 11 Best Big Data Analytics Tools
Following is the list of the best open-source big data tools:
Hadoop is one of the best open-source data analytics tools. Hadoop is capable of handling all kinds of data. It possesses the ability to store huge amounts of data, handle massive data sets, and process these data chunks.
Hadoop utilizes simple programming models to process large-scale data sets and distribute them across various computer clusters. This means that you can scale up from single servers to thousands of machines.
Though you need to be familiar with Java to utilize the full expanse of Hadoop’s features. But it is worth the effort since it helps in exploring data, filtering, sampling, and summarization.
- Consists of four parts: Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), MapReduce, YARN, and libraries
- HDFS is capable of holding all types of data sets such as videos, images, etc.
- Useful for both R&D and production.
- Makes data processing flexible
- Processes data faster and helps efficiently manage time
- Allows quick access to data
2. Apache Storm
Apache Storm is one of the most reliable tools used in big data. It is an open-source distributed real-time computation system. It offers real-time processing of an unlimited stream of data.
- Offers massive scalability
- Can process one million 100 byte messages per second per node
- Automatically restarts in case of the death of a node
- Guarantees the processing of each unit of data at least once
- Can be used with any programming language
- Simple and fun to use
- Multiple-use cases including real-time analytics, online machine learning, continuous computation, distributed RPC, ETL, etc.
- Integrates with already available queuing and database technologies.
Cassandra is a free data analytics tool. It efficiently manages huge chunks of data across multiple servers. It is one of the best tools used in big data offering fault tolerance and high performance with no points of failure.
It was developed by Facebook as a NoSQL solution and is not used by industry giants such as Twitter, Netflix, Cisco, etc.
- No points of failure and no bottlenecks
- Highly scalable
- Extremely durable and reliable
- Data automatically replicated to multiple nodes
- Able to handle a massive amount of data
- Built-in security features
- Cassandra’s support contracts and services are available from third parties.
HPCC is short for High-Performance Computing Cluster. HPCC is an easy-to-learn big data tool. With HPCC, you can acquire, enrich, deliver, and curate information faster hence saving your time and money.
It offers complete data lake management from ingestion and enrichment to content delivery. Its lightweight core architecture provides high performance.
- Open-source data lake platform
- High redundancy and availability
- Automatically optimizes code for parallel processing
- Batch, real-time, and streaming data ingestion
- Built-in data enhancement and Machine Learning APIs
- Scalable to many petabytes of data
- Fast and powerful
- Runs on commodity hardware and in the cloud
- Increased responsiveness to customers and stakeholders
OpenRefine is a big data analytics tool used to process messy data. It cleans, transforms, extends, and improves it. It can process huge unstructured sets of data easily and quickly.
It provides foolproof security unless or until you authorize the exchange of data. It also allows extensions with web services and external data.
- Helps you easily explore large sets of data
- Has the ability to process large sets of data in seconds
- Can be used to link and extend your dataset with various web services
- Data can be imported in various formats
- Ability to handle cells with multiple cell values
- Refine Expression Language can be used to perform advanced data operations
RapidMiner is a fully transparent, end-to-end data science platform. It is used for data prep, machine learning, and model operations. Helps you turn data into insights for better decision-making. The world’s top businesses such as Hitachi, Samsung, BMW, etc. use RapidMiner for data processing and mining.
- Provides a GUI to design and execute workflows
- Allows the use of multiple data management tools
- Offers good customer support and technical services
- Is capable of modeling, analyzing, and manipulating data
- Improve efficiency
- Offers remote analysis processing
- Real-time scoring
- Enterprise scalability
- Graphical user interface
- One-click deployment
MongoDB is an open-source distributed database built for modern application developers and the cloud era. it utilizes documents and collections to store large volumes of data. It is ideal for businesses that need quick decision-making.
It is written in Java, C++, and C. It is especially efficient for data sets that change frequently or the ones that are unstructured or semi-structured. It stores data from product catalogs, mobile applications, content management systems, etc.
- Has indexing and querying capabilities
- Easy to use
- High scalability
- Offers multi-cloud data distribution
- Safe and secure for sensitive data
- Allows you to manipulate, visualize, and analyze your data
- Reliable for mission-critical workloads
- Build for optimal performance
- Provides operational efficiency
Cloudera is one of the fastest, easiest, and most secure big data processing tool. It allows you to get data from any environment. To help your team members have better access to the stored data by building an enterprise data hub.
It helps in the collection, administration, management, processing, and distribution of unlimited volumes of data. It also offers data security to make sure that your data is safe and secure.
- High performing data analytics tool
- Real-time insights for data monitoring and detection
- Can be deployed across various cloud platforms
- Allows you to spin or terminate data clusters
- Can develop and train data models
- Helps conduct accurate model scoring and serving
Qubole is an open-source, simple, and secure data lake platform that learns, and evolves from your usage. It offers enterprise-level solutions. It is one of the most flexible programs and is also easily accessible.
It is ideal for machine learning, streaming, and ad hoc analytics. Provides end-to-end services to enhance efficiency and effectively reduce the amount of time and effort sent on data analysis.
- Open, simple, and secure
- Fast adoption at scale
- Near zero administration
- Reduces cost by 50%
- Automation helps avoid performing repetitive manual actions
- Actionable insights, recommendations, and alerts make it more reliable
- Offers comprehensive security, governance, and compliance
Neo4j offers a unique connections first technique to optimize the mapping, analysis and storage of complex data. It also traverses networks to unearth invisible contexts and hidden relationships.
- Supports ACID transaction
- Highly scalable and reliable
- Offers flexibility
- Can integrate with other databases
- Supports Cypher i.e. query language for graphs
- Has a built-in Neo4j browser web application
Another great big data tool that you and your team can use in 2022 is Xplenty. The application is an amazing software that allows you to process, integrate and prepare all of the data analytics that you want regarding your work on cloud storage.
The application also helps you to blend all of your data sources together while its intuitive and easy-to-use graphical interface will help you to implement effective solutions like ELT, ETL, or a replication solution.
The application also provides a complete toolkit for creating numerous data pipelines with no-code and low-code capabilities, so that they are easier to understand and execute.
One of the best things about the software is that it will do all of the heavy lifting related to your data analytics without you investing in software, hardware, or related personnel to handle anything related to data.
Furthermore, the application is quite easy to understand and to use, and if you are having any issues with the User Interface or any functionality, then their support team can be approached any time via email, phone, text chats, and even an online meeting schedule.
- One of the best features of the application is that it is quite a scalable cloud platform with a lot of room for any minor to major changes that you might want to perform at runtime
- Using the application, you will be able to implement all of the complex data preparation functions using the rich expression language that this amazing big data tool is going to provide for you
- The application also offers an amazing API component that helps to gain advanced flexibility and customization
- If you want to check out the features of this incredible big data tool for free then you can check out the 7-day trial that the company allows you to use
- If you want a more premium toolkit with no limitations, then you will have to contact the company for a price quote
The above-mentioned top big data tools can be used by companies to understand their target audience, predict market trends, and develop better strategies for the future.
You need to carefully analyze the key features of each tool and then pick the one that fulfills your requirements and is under your budget.
More Articles You May Like: