Microsoft Projects has been a powerful project management software for a long time now. However, there are various Microsoft Project Alternatives now with some unique features at an affordable price.
Thus, in this article, we’ve reviewed the 8 best Microsoft Project alternatives for you to pick from.
Key Features missing in Microsoft Project
Even though it is a great platform, some of the critical features missing from it are:
- It has limited third-party integrations.
- It has compatibility issues.
- Real-time updates are unavailable.
- Designed for a team with waterfall methodology, so it’s hard to manage agile teams with it.
- It doesn’t offer a mobile app.
8 Microsoft Project Alternatives to Get Things Done
Here goes the list of the 8 best Microsoft Projects alternatives!
Wrike is the first one on the best Microsoft Project Alternatives list since it is one of the best planning and management software. It tailors the needs of its customers to provide customized solutions.
Moreover, the fantastic features available in Wrike would transform the way your team works and ensure cross-departmental collaboration and powerful automation. Thus, complete your projects much more effectively by getting real-time updates and foreseeing potential roadblocks with Wrike.
It is trusted by over 20,000 customers worldwide to provide end-to-end solutions and ensure the potential execution of the projects.
- It provides customized dashboards, workflows and request forms, etc., to effectively cater to all customers’ needs.
- Provides 360-degree visibility to eliminate silos and make real-time decisions.
- Instant sharing of files, folders, and reports to ensure smooth collaboration.
- It also provides visual proofing and automated approval systems.
- Interactive Gantt Charts and Kanban Boards to provide effective visualization.
- Time tracking and advanced analytics to gain real-time insights.
- Free-The free plan provides you with centralized task or project management with up to 5 people only.
- Professional-The cost of the Professional plan is $9.80 per user per month. It is best for project planning and collaboration with up to 15 users.
- Business- The cost is $24.80 per user per month for 200 users. It is a customized plan for any team or use case.
- Enterprise-Prices of this plan can be discussed. It provides unlimited features with unlimited users.
ClickUp is a great project management software and one of the best Microsoft Project Alternatives. It provides solutions to help you simplify your work and get more done in less time.
Moreover, it helps you plan, organize and collaborate with your team to execute successful projects. Thus, it is your one app to replace them all and handle all your project-related tasks smoothly.
So, join over 800,000 teams to successfully manage and organize all your daily tasks.
- Organize your teams and tasks by breaking them into workspaces and folders, lists, or spaces.
- Customize your tasks and save time by automating them or assigning sprint points and custom field data.
- Simplify complex projects by creating subtasks and checklists.
- Choose from the list of templates to save time and get more done.
- It provides 1000+ integrations to help you create a smooth workflow.
- Track, estimate, and report your team and projects.
- Provides real-time editing and collaboration.
- Free Forever- This plan is best for personal use with 100MB storage and unlimited tasks.
- Unlimited- It costs $5 per user per month and is best for small teams. Its features include unlimited storage, integrations, Gantt Charts, dashboards, etc.
- Business- It costs $12 per user per month and is best for mid-sized teams. Its features include all the ones in Unlimited plan and advanced automation, advanced public sharing, timeline & mind maps, custom exporting, and much more.
- Business Plus costs $19 per user per month, and it is most suitable for multiple teams. It includes everything a business has, team sharing, custom role creation, custom permissions, etc.
- Enterprise- This plan offers customized and is best for large teams.
Find more Clickup Alternatives:
The third one in our list of the best Microsoft Project Alternatives is Monday.com. It is one of the best platforms to execute your projects in the most agile manner. It helps you create automated workflows and manage your day-to-day tasks effectively.
So, whether it is a simple project or a complex one, Monday.com is your one-stop app to do it all. Therefore, synchronizing the information under one hub helps teams collaborate and make better decisions.
Thus, it is time to join over 125,000 companies that use Monday.com to plan, organize, execute and track projects of any size in one place.
- Manage your projects easily by setting milestones and project timelines and creating dependencies.
- Collaborate and coordinate seamlessly across teams and get real-time updates.
- Create customized workflows to manage your team better.
- Offers multiple integrations to allow for a smooth workflow.
- The API architecture allows developers to build their integrations.
- Basic- It costs $8 per seat per month to manage simple teams and tasks. The features included are unlimited projects, items, free viewers, 200+ templates, etc.
- Standard- This plan costs $10 per seat per month. It includes all the Basic plan features along with Gantt charts, calendar view, guest access, calendar sync, and much more.
- Pro- It costs $16 per seat per month. It is best for managing projects fully and using powerful analytics. The features include everything in Standard and milestone management, task and project dependencies, resource allocation and management, time tracking, etc.
- Enterprise- It is a customized plan for large teams. It includes everything in Pro along with several other great features.
Jira is another project management software and one of the best Microsoft alternatives. It helps to manage, organize, delegate, and prioritize tasks. It also enables you to stay on track and manage your deadlines effectively.
Moreover, it has led over 200,000 companies to empower innovation and resolve complex projects with agility. Therefore, you can also become a part of the Jira family and complete projects successfully.
- Extensive customization options to cater to the needs of different industries.
- Plan and track your projects effectively.
- Make use of both Kanban and Scrum approaches to execute projects.
- 360-degree view of all your projects.
- Effective reports and insights to ensure your team is always up to date.
- 3000+ apps and integrations.
- Drag and drop automation to save time.
- Create effective roadmaps and set dependencies.
- Free- It is suitable for small teams of up to 10 users. It includes Scrum, Kanban boards, backlog, agile reporting, customizable workflows, etc.
- Standard- It costs $7.50, and it is suitable for growing teams of up to 20,000 users. It includes all the features of the free version and project roles and advanced permissions.
- Premium- It costs $14.50 per user for organizations that need to scale how they collaborate. It includes all the features of the Standard plan along with advanced roadmaps, dependency management, admin insights, sandbox, and much more.
- Enterprise- It is a customized plan for large teams.
Britix24 is another great Microsoft Project Alternative to managing and communicating in large businesses. It is an easy-to-use and central hub to manage all your project management-related activities.
Moreover, over 10,000,000 organizations have chosen Britix24 to collaborate, integrate and automate with their teams. You can use it as a web-based as well as a mobile application.
- HD video calls and conferences for up to 48 participants and record your calls.
- Effective work time tracking.
- Private and group chats to discuss and share ideas.
- Use templates and automate tasks to save time.
- Gantt charts and Kanban boards for effective visualization.
- Create task dependencies.
- KPI and task efficiency.
- Pre-optimized and SEO-friendly websites.
- Free- It has unlimited users with features including 5GB memory, chat HD Video calls, calendar, company workspace, tasks and projects, CRM, drive, etc.
- Basic- It costs $49 per month for up to 5 users. It includes 24GB of memory and all the free plan features, customer support, and an online store.
- Standard- It costs $99 per month for up to 50 users. Its main features include everything in the Basic plan as well as marketing, online documents, and administration. It has 100GB of memory.
- Professional- It costs $199 per month for unlimited users. It has 1024GB of storage. The additional features included in this plan are sales intelligence, business process automation, and HR.
Asana is one of the best Microsoft Project Alternative to handle agile teams and complex projects. It helps in the effective breakdown of work into manageable tasks and subtasks.
Moreover, it helps your teams stay organized and connected in one shared place. Thus, it elevates real-time collaboration and allows teams to get more done by streamlining their workflows.
So, join companies like Amazon, Google, Spotify, or Zappos that use Asana to handle their teams and do extraordinary things.
- List view feature to organize, assign and prioritize your tasks and subtasks.
- Create effective timelines to manage and schedule tasks.
- Use boards like the Kanban board to overview what’s being done.
- Automate routine tasks to avoid repetition and save time.
- Use 200+ integrations to manage it all in one place.
- Basic- It is a free program for individuals and small teams. Its features include unlimited tasks, projects, messages, activity logs, etc.
- Premium- It costs $10.99 per user per month. Its features include timelines, workflow builder, unlimited dashboard, advanced search, custom fields, forms, rules, etc.
- Business- It costs $24.99 per user per month. It includes everything the Premium plan has, portfolios, goals, workload, custom rule builder, approvals, proofing, etc.
Basecamp is a Microsoft Project Alternative that serves as an all-in-one toolkit for working remotely. With Basecamp, you can organize all your projects in one place and manage your teams better.
Thus, it is a great platform to help teams set clear goals and objectives and reach a new level of productivity. So, know exactly what you’re working on and what needs to be done with Basecamp.
Join over 16 million people worldwide who use Basecamp to handle their daily tasks.
- Message boards to post ideas, announcements, progress updates, feedback, etc.
- To-do lists of work that needs to be done and assigned tasks.
- Schedule essential dates and events and share them with the whole team.
- Share docs, files, images, and reports with the whole team.
- Group chats to increase collaboration.
- Automatic check-ins by creating a list of recurring questions.
- Personal – This plan is best for personal projects, freelancers, students, or families. It is free and offers limited features, including 3 projects, 20 users, and 1GB of storage space.
- Business – This plan costs $99 per month. The features included are unlimited projects, users, clients, 500GB storage space, team projects, company HQ, project templates, priority support, etc.
Airtable is the last one on our list of Microsoft Project Alternatives. It provides effective solutions for teams to unlock their full potential and work forward faster.
Moreover, it unites the whole team in one ample space to accelerate teamwork and coordination. Thus, join over 250,000 companies that use Airtable to transform how their businesses work and manage all aspects of their business.
- Build-in templates to speed up your workflow.
- Custom interfaces to give each person the information they need.
- Sync in all your data in one place.
- Deep integration, expert support, and advanced extensibility transform how a team works.
- Free- It includes Unlimited bases, up to 5 creators or editors, Unlimited commenter & read-only users, 1 app per base, 1 sync integration, 1,200 records per base, and 2GB of attachments per base.
- Plus – It costs $10 per seat per month. It includes everything the Free plan has; in addition to that, it also features 3 apps per base, 3 sync integrations,5,000 records per base, 5GB of attachments per base, custom branded forms, 6-month revision & snapshot history, and Automatic table syncing
- Pro-It costs $20 per seat per month. It includes everything Plus has, along with 10 apps per base,7 sync integrations including Jira Cloud, 50,000 records per base, 20GB of attachments per base, Gantt & Timeline Views, 1-year revision & snapshot history, Personal & locked views, and Field & table editing permissions
- Enterprise- It is a customized plan for large teams.
So, that was a full review of the top 8 Microsoft Project Alternatives.
Even though these platforms are great for managing your projects, choose the one that best suits the needs of your business and helps you meet your company’s goals effectively.
We wish you good luck!